Role: Customer Support Engineer – Tier 1
Reports to: Customer Success Team Lead
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a Customer Support resource focused on working with the Customer Success team to ensure the best user and client experience in the market. In this role, you will be an important part to our clients’ success on the product assisting with problem solving and educating customers in real-time.
- Someone who loves sinking their teeth into a challenge
- Able to explain complicated, technical issues to non-technical people
- Willing to suggest improvements to product and process
- Loves (or really, really likes) solving problems
- Offer direct customer and technical support to users through phone, email, and chat in accordance with company service level requirements
- Determine, review criticality, and prioritize resolution of issues
- Support customers to answer queries, locate information, guide to self-help resources
- Follow Veruna support policies and procedures and SLAs
- Engage in Knowledge Management process by creating and using materials
- Create application training manuals and classroom training materials as necessary (i.e. demo recordings)
- Support new personnel in software, programs, and operational instructions
- Learn the business process for the Veruna Accounting system (technical aspect)
- Investigate, analyze and resolve Veruna Accounting tickets (technical aspect)
- Be available for extended CS hours (i.e. could be between 8 – 8PM Eastern, to fully support all customers)
- Additional duties and responsibilities to vary as needed
What You Need:
- Proven customer support/service experience
- Knowledge of typical software support operations procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Accounting experience
- Independent and fast learner
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
Willing to dive in and learn as you go!