Part-Time Executive Assistant
Reports to: CEO
Job Type: Part-Time, Employed or Contract
Contact: talent at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers independent insurance agencies and brokers to sell more and retain customers better. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce.com platform.
Veruna is seeking determined individuals who thrive on new challenges and are passionate about building a business alongside a talented team.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
About the Role:
Veruna is looking for a highly motivated executive assistant to support the CEO and executive team in an agile and growing tech start-up. This position requires a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves solving problems, and can pivot quickly. While the executive assistant must be highly responsive, this is an opportunity for a very flexible schedule. Ideal candidates will be located within the Austin, TX area. This part-time position will be approximately 15 hours per week.
What we’re looking for
- Experience supporting executives in a tech/startup environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, time management, problem-solving, and ability to multitask.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Excellent project and event management skills.
- Highly competent with all Microsoft applications.
What you’ll do
- Provide administrative assistance, such as
- Employee related matters: granting access of software solutions to employees, setting up contracts and documents for digital signature, order gifts and swag online for shipping to customers and employees, engaging with employees on employee wellness programs, rewards, promotions and similar administrative employee matters, help post, maintain and organize job postings,
- Internal communication matters: coordinating internal meetings, preparing power point presentations, recording meetings and filing recording meetings as appropriate, filing scans to appropriate secure environments, creating, distributing and managing employee communications, assist with internal benchmarking and reporting: dissemination of metrics and progress in a digitally beautiful and easy-to-understand way,
- External communication matters: assisting executives with scheduling with customers and partners, calling, emailing or otherwise communicating with various entities at the direction of the executives, act as gatekeeper for CEO upon request,
- and such similar administrative matters as requested by the executive team from time to time.
- Coordinate domestic travel for the executive and business team.
- Help organize internal meetings, external meetups, and offsites. Providing support on logistics, invites, agenda, slide decks, catering, meeting notes, and action items.
- Assist with digital research projects as requested from the management team from time to time.
- Manage ad-hoc projects for the executives and the company as needed.
What you bring
This individual will be able to hit the ground running, seamlessly adapting to changes in priorities, the business, or the industry without hesitation. We are seeking an executive assistant with the following skills:
- Organization/Attention to Detail – You are able to independently prioritize assigned tasks and projects with competing deadlines. You are able to move quickly with a keen eye for detail while managing dynamic calendars.
- Communication – You have outstanding professional written, verbal, and presentation skills. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine a solution. You have exceptional conflict management and negotiation abilities.
- Accountability/Collaboration – You take ownership of your work and its impact on the company’s ability to be successful. You have a highly collaborative spirit and can build productive relationships across the organization. Genuinely interested in understanding others, you hear others’ perspectives and address their concerns. When you commit to perform tasks, you make sure that those tasks are completed in a timely fashion, updating others regularly on your progress.
- Empathy/Compassion – You represent Veruna in a way that demonstrates compassion and respect for others. You listen carefully, using active listening skills for successfully coordinating many competing requests from multiple people.
- Ability to Multitask – You ideally have a background in project management and are able to balance many tasks on any given day. You understand that successful multitasking involves prioritization and can easily determine priorities.
Life at Veruna
Veruna offers an inclusive, welcoming culture that helps you thrive personally and professionally. Some of our benefits and perks include:
- Hybrid work and flexible schedules
- Caring, inclusive, and friendly culture
- Talented team members focused on solving problems for the insurance industry
- Frequent, transparent communication
- Virtual happy hours and employee events
- Branded merch
- Performance conversations every quarter regarding clear, attainable, and challenging objectives
- Wellness programs and challenges
- Eligible positions qualify for health insurance, 401(k) contributions, and options
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.