Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Accounting Solutions Specialist
Reports to: Head of Implementation
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for an experience Accounting Solutions Specialist with excellent accounting, customer service, and problem-solving skills. This individual will analyze agency accounting operations, then discover, solution and implement custom configurations or situations of the accounting functions of our software. Knowledge of agency management system accounting platforms is strongly desired.
- Experienced in accounting operations
- Exceptionally self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Proactive, willing to take initiative, fast learner, able to lead
- Able to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently; able to meet deadlines consistently
- Provide hands-on setup, training, and support to end users on the Veruna Accounting features
- Advise and assist with data migration from legacy solution to the Veruna Accounting system
- Provide solutions consulting to configure the Veruna solution to meet customer business needs:
- Assess client accounting requirements
- Customize the solution by creating custom workflows, configurations (non-coding), configured processes, helping to set metrics, and creating custom reports using Veruna and Salesforce capabilities
- Assistance with testing and validation of these configurations
- Demonstrate the customizations and training (utilizing the Training Team)
- Ensure successful use by the customer
- Provide training and support to the various agency personnel for each software module
- Provide additional hands on setup and conversion of data as deemed necessary for the situation
- Assess agency training needs
- Spend contact/hands-on training time with trainees on an individual and/or group basis
- Perform other tasks/projects as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience related to accounting/finance and/or software implementations
- 3+ years of experience advising companies in the transactions space
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a client-focused approach to work
- Experience with month-end close activities (such as AP/AR reconciliation)
- Familiarity with Salesforce (1-3 years)
- Experience with Premium Financing, Installment Billings and Broker Billings
- Ideally CPA or pursuing another professional certification
- Demonstrated success with time management and problem solving
- High energy, enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (including accounting)
- Understanding and/or use of Accounting Seed software
- Independent and fast learner
- Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.