Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Reports to: CEO
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers independent insurance agencies and brokers to sell more and retain customers better. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce.com platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is seeking a Chief Technology Officer, preferably from the insurance agency domain, who will:
- Develop Leading Technology relating to Data Architecture for future state Veruna: “One-System” and Lead to Close Automation;
- Transform “just AMS” to a new fully integrated system with real-time data exchange, customer and carriers; and
- Establish of “Around the corner” strategy and innovation efforts.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CTO will be responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of the company‘s software technology development.
This role will join senior leadership as a key member of the executive team. The ideal candidate is a proven leader and a passionate technology executive who understands industry-wide best practices and current innovations. In addition, this individual must display credibility and excitement – particularly in lending expertise to a high-performing and expanding team.
- Responsible for development of short and long-term technical and engineering strategy; provide high-level, forward-thinking vision
- Lead strategic planning efforts to identify and prioritize the company’s technical agenda, development initiatives and set timelines for the evaluation, development, and deployment of product
- Use technology, market, and competitive awareness to identify technology trends, platforms and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business
- Make recommendations for product improvements, and any other innovations that could be beneficial within any/all company departments and projects, based on technological research – especially those relating to big data, machine learning and data exchanges relating to the insurance industry; explore new tools/technologies to improve development efficiency and product quality
- Refine, redefine (as necessary), and lend support to all aspects of the company’s technological development (for on-time, good quality product)
- Lead the creation and management of software related documentation
- Work with senior management to establish governance processes to ensure risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development
- Facilitate scalability of new US-Based team and offshore team to increase the quality and quantity of product output
- Implement technology solutions and development tools that may improve efficiency and effectiveness of all departments, and in a fashion that supports the company’s KPIs, mission and values
- Ensure the implementation of market-leading design
- Work across all key departments to attain the company’s strategic goals, including setting business requirements, assessing, and improving application architecture
- Educate the organization’s key stakeholders about the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges
- Communicate with staff, executives, and customers to ensure the company’s technologies are used appropriately and optimally
- Ensure IT seamlessly serves the Company
- Perform other tasks/projects as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, software engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience, including at least five years in a senior director, vice president or other executive leadership role
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, particularly through times of change, disruption, and growth
- Recent demonstrated experience building and managing world-class technology platforms; providing cloud-based SaaS solutions
- Experience leading and managing the creation of first-in-class digital products, including a full SaaS development cycle
- Experience working directly with business leaders, serving as their technology partner (at a director+ level)
- Robust experience working, and familiarity with InsurTech, big data and be an eager student of machine learning
- Excellent working knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Azure, and C#/.NET frameworks
- Ability to dive in, master our product, and collaborate with Product and the CEO
- Experience managing both offshore and onshore development teams
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire, and motivate all levels of staff
- Strong, persuasive communications style both verbal and written
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline
- Prior experience working in the P&C Insurtech industry
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.