Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Data Migration Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a skilled Data Migration Engineer to analyze the scope of client requirements for data migration projects, design and document solid migration plans, and deliver migration services and solutions in the insurance agency management market. This individual will be part of a team, responsible for both week-to-week data transformations for onboarding new business and designing the future of Veruna’s strategy of scale. Veruna seeks to provide excellence for customers’ experience when adopting our platform.
- Dedicated, multi-faceted problem solver
- Starting off your career in data analysis, with a hunger to learn and grow
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Able to lead and mentor junior data migration analysts
- Exceptionally self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Execute data migrations and data quality efforts focused on the completeness, standardization, and de-duplication
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for projects including analysis of legacy files, matching of data, and validating data
- Design opportunities for automation of data transformation processes, working with product and development teams to create solutions and tools
- With project leadership, assist in the estimation of work effort, determination of required resources, and set a realistic schedule for implementation
- Design data quality analysis tools, for both pre- and post-migration activities
- Create testing and automation strategies and approaches in alignment with overall organizational goals
- Analyze data, mapping the data between various source systems, and ensuring the accurate importing of data into Salesforce
- Maintain effective client relations and rapport – delivering timely and relevant information with the ability to quickly identify and report project risks
- Develop SQL Script, analyzing data, creating data metrics, and integrating data using emerging technologies
- Identifying and documenting data milestones
- Additional duties and responsibilities to vary as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
- 3+ years of in-depth experience migrating and managing data in Salesforce
- Minimum 5+ years of Microsoft SQL Server experience required
- Minimum 3+ years of Scripting work experience
- Interface design, documentation, and testing experience
- Track record retrieving and analyzing data using Excel, Access, and Salesforce data migration tools
- Experience using Salesforce cleaning data tools such as Active Prime, DemandTools, Alteryx, others
- Understanding of current technologies and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent problem-solving skills; strong logical reasoning and solution oriented
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Experience with ETL products
- Independent and fast learner
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
- Familiarity with both Python and Pearl
- Understanding of AL3 and ACORD industry formats
- Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.