Company: Veruna, Inc.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Role: Sr. Software Developer Team Lead
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a Sr. Software Developer Team Lead with proven leadership experience to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all phases of the SDLC and have experience in designing, coding, testing, and consistently managing applications, as well as mentoring development teams to establish consistent, reliable engineering productivity.
- Proven leader with knowledge in all aspects of SDLC
- Well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts
- Not only an engineer/coder, but someone who can coach a development team (master communicator)
- Excellent problem solver/analytical thinker
- Lead all technical aspects involved in delivering Salesforce products and .NET service development, guided by the VP of Engineering, and help to establish and govern software policies
- Responsible for high-level design of technical solutions and documentation of the technical design
- Manage developers through the deployment, testing, and support phases, including code review processes and policy governance surrounding review
- Technical lead responsible for unblocking team impediments, including but not limited to code debugging/analysis, Salesforce customization, research, and development
- Assist documentation of configurations and releases in knowledge repositories
- Participate in daily Scrum sessions as an Agile team member, scrum master expertise a plus
- Additional duties and responsibilities to vary as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
- Salesforce Lightning development /.NET experience (7-10 years)
- Software development experience under an agile methodology (5+ years)
- For Salesforce leads: Experience using Apex, Visualforce, and Visual Studio code (3-4 years)
- For .NET leads: Experience in C#/.NET, Visual Studio 2019, TFS
- Capacity to achieve proficiency in both Microsoft and Salesforce cloud platforms
- Proven leadership experience, effective mentorship, anecdotal experience of teaming forming and norming
- Experience working in a multi-tier, multi-promotion environment
- Demonstrated experience in database development
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- MS degree
- Independent and fast learner
- Salesforce.com certification (Certified Developer or Certified Advanced Administrator)
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
- Experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.