Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Growth Marketing Leader
Reports to: CEO
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt, Remote
Contact: talent at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers independent insurance agencies and brokers to grow their businesses. We are a venture backed B2B SaaS start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform. We strive to disrupt the insurance industry through modern technology and best-in-class platform-as-a-service strategies.
Our TAM is huge, the timing is right, and the industry is ready for digital adoption! Come make your mark with us!
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is seeking an experienced Growth Marketing Leader to join our rapidly growing company. In this role, you will drive B2B Marketing activities, including leading and executing integrated marketing strategies that drive awareness of Veruna and build the brand, as well as drive engagement, pipeline and revenue. This role will lead the Marketing function and develop strong partnerships with product and sales to execute omnichannel campaigns that deliver sustainable growth and business results. The Marketing Leader will create multi-touch programs that are executed across a wide variety of channels. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with building marketing programs that drive results, be very knowledgeable of marketing automation, marketing measurements and analytics. The top three desired results will be:
- Build Veruna’s brand and increase awareness of Veruna with our target audience
- Increase qualified leads to 3x current state and double the sales pipeline
- Refine Veruna’s GTM strategy for 2022
- Partner with company leadership, sales and product to develop Veruna’s GTM strategy for 2022.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target set, prospects and customers, their motivations and industry dynamics.
- Execute marketing strategy and campaigns on time and within budget.
- Develop multi-touch programs across a variety of channels for customer acquisition and conversion across engagement channels, including email automation, social media, traditional media, website, and in-person events.
- Partner with Sales to ensure customer acquisition strategies and campaigns are aligned.
- Continuously review and optimize the performance of marketing activities, refine existing marketing dashboards and metrics as needed.
- Build Veruna’s brand externally, driving awareness and understanding of the company’s value proposition.
- Provide sales enablement support to the sales team by developing materials and assets that assist in the sales process.
- Management of Marketing budget, as well as internal and external marketing resources
- Have ownership of the company’s marketing technology stack and continuously look for best practices.
Key Skill Sets of Successful Marketing Leads:
Successful Marketing Leads are detail-oriented, results-driven individuals who thrive in creative, fast-paced environments. They are able to navigate ambiguity and drive to clarity while balancing competing priorities. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, we are looking for a Marketing Lead with the following skills:
- Strategy Skills – Ability to define, execute and lead successful marketing strategies for B2B SaaS on third-party platforms
- Communication Skills – Exceptional communication, writing, and organizational skills. Proven editorial skills.
- Ability to Multitask – Ability to multitask and prioritize activities effectively under aggressive timelines, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Continuous Learner – Consumer behavior is everchanging, therefore you must be able to stay up to date on new marketing trends and spend time self-educating on topics such as: social media, content marketing, big data, mobile marketing, etc.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking Skills – Able to employ strong analytical skills to understand desires of our existing market and identify barriers to extending our service to a larger audience.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of work experience in B2B SaaS Marketing, with a focus on driving growth
- Proven success in the development and execution of programs that drive growth and business results
- Ability to develop a strong working partnership with Sales and align on GTM approach and programs
- Ability to be flexible and easily shift between analytical data-driven measurement and decision-making, and creativity in content creation, brand management and program execution.
- Experience in management of internal teams as well as external agencies
- Experience with budget management
- Ability to be independent, driven and ambitious
- Strong appetite to learn our business and market
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, creative and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply creative thinking to ideate and streamline processes and projects
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with attention to detail, dedication to accuracy and ability to plan ahead
- Understanding of the new and the how-to to measure marketing ROI
- Proficient in excel and analytics/reporting including creation, interpretation, and communication of data & insights
- Familiarity with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or email content best practices
- Experience building content nurturing campaigns as part of a connected series/journey Qualifications
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.