Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Head of Sales
Reports to: CEO
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: email@example.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna inspires the innovators of independent insurance. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Do you have the skill set and drive to take Veruna from $10MM ARR to $100MM ARR?
Veruna is seeking an experienced SVP or Head of Sales Executive to join our rapidly growing company. In this role, you will set sales strategies aligned with the Veruna’s vision and target customers, meet Veruna’s net new customer acquisition targets and drive account growth. You will be responsible for the Veruna’s sales performance and aligning sales strategies to business goals.
- Defining the Sales Strategy for Veruna in order to meet the growth goals set out by the CEO
- Ensuring pipelines close to ensure Veruna’s net new customer acquisition goals
- Optimizing sales processes and tactics
- Collaborating with marketing for a coordinated go-to-market strategy and new customer acquisition strategy
- Coach, mentor, train and advise account executives and solutions consultants on their deals; directly ensuring the successful close of Veruna’s larger enterprise deals.
- Recruit the best available “A” player talent for exponential growth
- Deliver actionable sales pipeline forecasts to Veruna leadership; maintain the data driven approach to marketing and sales performance – reviewing daily the KPIs and adjusting behaviors as needed
- Participate in executive discussions regarding prospective customer feedback about the product and product roadmap decisions
What You Need
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Great strategic planning, organizational, and creative thinking skills
- Strong self-motivation, positive attitude, grit and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of the B2B SaaS sales processes and techniques
- Consultative selling experience (particularly with low-code/no-code software solutions)
- Comfort with Salesforce
- Ability to dive-in learning Veruna and the powerhouse of value that is Veruna on Salesforce, selling this value to customers and demonstrating at a high level to tier one prospects
- Data-driven mindset
- Entrepreneurial instincts
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (technical discipline a plus)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a sales leadership position managing end-to-end sales cycles
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in a selling role and with sales technology and CRM software
- Experience selling disruptive technology solutions in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment
- Track record of success with building a SaaS sales team and hitting growing sales targets within a growth-stage company
- Success closing multi-year software license sales deals of $3M+
- Must have carried a quota as an enterprise sales executive prior to leading teams
- Experience selling into and managing relationships at the executive level of potential customers of large organizations and/or enterprise accounts
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well as employee motivation techniques
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Master’s Degree in a Business field (technical discipline a plus)
- Two years of experience in a senior (C-suite level) leadership role
- Prior experience selling Salesforce or Salesforce-adjacent products
- Prior experience working in the P&C or Benefits insurance industry
- Prior experience in a B2B SaaS hyper-growth startup
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.