Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: CEO
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: talent at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers independent insurance agencies and brokers to sell more and retain customers better. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce.com platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a highly motivated HR Generalist to handle all things people related. This position requires a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves solving people’s problems, and can pivot quickly. This is a dynamic and challenging role suitable for an ambitious HR professional who can wear multiple hats. Talent acquisition is a key component of this role.
- Full life-cycle recruitment: job posting creation, sourcing candidates, conducting screening calls, reference checks, extension of offers, background checks, and new hire profile creation in HRIS
- Manage the entire interview process for candidates, scheduling interviews with other team members and ensuring candidates are properly guided through the process in a timely manner
- Onboard and offboard all employees in accordance with Company, local, state, and federal requirements
- Maintain HRIS by updating records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating employees
- Work with external recruiters occasionally to identify and recruit candidates for specialized roles
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager on LinkedIn job postings, new hire announcement flyers, etc. to ensure Company branding is consistent both internally and externally
- Oversee quarterly employee performance management cycle in HRIS, adjusting form questions as needed
- Responsible for development and management of programs that grow employee engagement and drive retention such as: monthly employee engagement surveys, new hire buddy program, company wellness program, etc.
- Maintain employee engagement metrics and reports, updating leadership on a quarterly basis and creating action plans to further improve engagement
- Review trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive and equitable base and incentive pay programs to attract and retain top talent
- Provide guidance and support to personnel on all HR related needs and activities, including interpretation and application of Company policies, performance management, conflict resolution, employee concerns, and disciplinary procedures as outlined in the company’s employee handbook
- Develop action plans for employee investigations, aiming to minimize risk. Consult with management and involve outside counsel as necessary
- Responsible for semi-monthly payroll processing; updating pay templates with 401k deferral changes as needed
- Handle people aspect of all company-sponsored employee offsite events, collaboratively directly with the CEO, event coordinator, and other necessary leadership members
- Administer employee benefits plans and recommend areas for improvement
- Maintain successful partnerships with benefits brokers, and other relevant vendors
- Collaborate with leadership teams to implement strategic initiatives
- Perform other tasks/projects as needed
Key Skill Sets of Successful HR Generalists:
We are looking for an ambitious HR Generalist who thrives in an evolving environment and is willing to take on new challenges every day. This individual will be able to hit the ground running, seamlessly adapting to changes in priorities, the business, or the industry without hesitation. Passionate about every aspect of Human Resources, this individual will know what good processes and programs look like – how to build them and run them. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, we are seeking an HR Generalist with the following skills:
- Communication – You have outstanding professional written, verbal, and presentation skills. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine a solution. You have exceptional conflict management and negotiation abilities.
- Accountability/Collaboration – You take ownership of your work and its impact on the company’s ability to be successful. You have a highly collaborative spirit and can build productive relationships across the organization. Genuinely interested in understanding others, you hear others’ perspectives and address their concerns. As a critical thinker, you have an analytical mindset and enjoy diving into the research and details. You go above and beyond the scope of your own responsibilities.
- Empathy/Compassion – You are seen as a trusted resource to whom employees can turn to when they have questions or concerns. Maintaining a virtual open-door policy is a must in this role. We want employees to feel and valued by promoting a comfortable atmosphere. Additionally, you must be an excellent listener, serving as a sounding board for employees.
- Ability to Multitask – You ideally have a background in project management and are able to balance many tasks on any given day. You understand that successful multitasking involves prioritization and can easily determine priorities.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (Human Resources, Psychology, or Business Administration preferred)
- 3+ years of experience working in Human Resources
- Hands on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Zenefits a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll, local, state, and federal employment laws
- Ability to work in fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to establish metrics, analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications necessary, especially Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to handle confidential information
- Self-motivated, solutions driven, detail-oriented, and organized
- Ability to influence and build the trust of peers, employees, and executives
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Professional HR certification (PHR/SHRM-CP)
- Prior experience working in the P&C Insurtech industry
- Master’s degree
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.