Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Product Owner
Reports to: Head of Product
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers independent insurance agencies and brokers to sell more and retain customers better. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is seeking an experienced Product Owner, preferably from the insurance agency domain, to help set and execute the product vision for our software, deliver innovative and impactful products and features through well-groomed user stories, and support the growth of Veruna through the adoption and expansion of our products.
- Engage closely with our mid-market and enterprise customers to understand their business needs to translate into product capabilities.
- Develop understanding of customer, market, and industry needs by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Prioritize roadmap, new product enhancements, and features based upon data, customer, and value analysis, sound judgement, and past experience.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Research best practices and similar products to gather requirements for product enhancements.
- Manage the product backlog; assist the Product team with review of feature requests and bug triage.
- Leverage your product expertise to internal teams such as Customer Support, Sales, and Implementation.
- Collaborate with all facets of the Product team through the design, development, release, testing, and maintenance of the product to ensure successful customer outcomes and adoption.
- Support both functional and technical discussions with Engineering to ensure products meet market and customer needs.
- Assist with the development and execution of the go-to-market plan, including the enablement of sales, services and support enablement, product marketing, and prospect engagement.
- Manage the launch process, including Product, Go-to-Market, Customer Support, and customer adoption activities.
- Perform other tasks/projects as needed
Key Skill Sets of Successful Product Owners:
Successful Product Owners are technically minded problem solvers who thrive in creative, fast-paced environments. They are able to navigate ambiguity and drive to clarity while balancing competing priorities. Innovative and analytical, they find fulfillment in communicating with customers to understand what they like and what they can’t stand. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, we are looking for a Product Owner with the following skills:
- Communication Skills – Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to serve as a liaison between senior management and the development team.
- Data-driven Problem Solver – Ability to read and interpret data accurately, using internal and external judgments to make data-informed decisions. Data should serve as an integral and deeply embedded part of your decision-making processes.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking Skills – Able to employ strong analytical skills to understand desires of our existing market and identify barriers to extending our service to a larger audience.
- Art of Discernment – Able to look at a problem carefully from all angles to pave the right path forward, putting the customer at the center of your decision.
- Ability to Multitask – Ability to multitask and prioritize activities effectively under aggressive timelines, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with B2B SaaS
- Passion for reaching out to customers, listening to customers, and discovering their business needs
- Ability to gather and transform business requirements into functional product specifications
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, as well as attention to detail
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments and timelines
- Ability to clearly define requirements and prioritize requests based upon qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience presenting product value, benefit, proposals, and status to peers and management
- Prior cloud computing / SaaS experience
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies like Scrum
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Prior experience with Salesforce or Salesforce Admin Certification
- Prior experience working in the P&C Insurance industry
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.