Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Release Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a Release Engineer to expand our automated processes for development and release. The ideal candidate will have experience in mainline and branch management in Git and/or TFS, will be able to bring experience to our development teams to mature process and procedure, and can establish and administer automated frameworks for CI/CD.
- A problem solver, constantly solving new and challenging problems
- Passionate about driving innovation of release management
- Interested and capable of learning programming languages as needed
- Well versed in Git source control and TFS
- A mentor that inspire others to raise their own bar
- Diligent in providing quality, clean code
- Support all aspects of release engineering: source control, software builds, application deployments
- Develop automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
- Maintain and hold accountability for code bases in both Git and TFS
- Migrate build and deployment configurations from legacy tools to a Jenkins environment
- Manage production and pre-production promotions of software via manual or automated publication mechanisms
- Accountable for documentation and branch management around release candidate, patches, and interim releases (especially internal releases supporting real-time sprint development)
- Additional duties and responsibilities to vary as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
- 2-5 years’ experience utilizing .NET and/or Salesforce, especially Salesforce DX
- Experience with Git or TFS
- Knowledge of SDLC, release engineering role in support of an Agile software business
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills
- Capacity to achieve proficiency of new tools, languages, and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
- Experience working in a multi-tier, multi-promotion environment
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- MS degree
- Experience with Continuous Integration Systems such as Jenkins
- Salesforce.com certification (Certified Developer or Certified Advanced Administrator)
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
- Independent and fast learner
- Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.