Company: Veruna, Inc.
Reports to: Salesforce Developer Lead
Role: Senior Salesforce Software Developer
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a Salesforce Software Developer Team Lead with proven leadership experience to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all phases of Salesforce SDLC and have experience in designing, coding, testing, and consistently managing applications, as well as mentoring development teams to establish consistent, reliable engineering productivity.
· Proven developer with knowledge in all aspects of developing enterprise applications on the Salesforce platform
· Provide technical thought leadership
· Well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts
· Excellent problem solver/analytical thinker
· Senior technical team member responsible for high-level technical design of an enterprise-scale Salesforce based product
· Ensure adherence and constant improvement to the SDLC process and best practices through the development, testing, and support phases, including code reviews, mentoring and policy governance
· Apex code debugging/analysis, Salesforce customization, research, and development
· Assist documentation of configurations and releases in knowledge repositories
· Participate in daily Scrum sessions as an Agile team member
- Implement and improve modern Dev-Ops process using Git and Continuous Integration tools
- Understand Force.com capabilities, governor limits, limit monitoring and best practices for limit-informed development
What You Need:
· Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
· Salesforce Lightning development (7-10 years)
· Software development experience under an agile methodology (5+ years)
· Experience using Apex, Visualforce, and Visual Studio code (3-4 years)
· Demonstrated experience in data model development
· Hands-on experience with Salesforce DevOps tooling
· Proven leadership experience, effective mentorship, anecdotal experience of teaming forming and norming
· Experience working in a multi-tier, multi-promotion environment
What Will Make You Stand Out:
· Experience developing, releasing, and supporting a Salesforce AppExchange published commercial product
· Salesforce.com certification (Certified Developer or Certified Advanced Administrator)
· Experience with Salesforce Connected Apps
· Experience working with overlapping product release cycles
· Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
· Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
- We offer remote work to give you the flexibility to work in the location that you works best for you
- A whole person approach to taking care of you with medical, vision, dental, disability, financial, and life benefits
- A comprehensive retirement plan (401k) with a competitive match
- Incentive Stock Options to take care of you as we grow
- Unlimited PTO so you can find the time to enjoy the things that are important to you
- A Cash Bonus compensation plan based on attainment of organizational goals
- Semi-annual team retreats and weekly company meetings to help you stay informed and build relationships with your team
- Professional development opportunities to ensure your career growth
- An inclusive and welcoming culture where your opinions, ideas, and contributions matter
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.