Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to own accountability of the quality of software development within a development team, providing technical guidance and direction to mature our overall test strategy to automation strategies and frameworks. The ideal candidate will have a deep track record of automation and QA processes for SaaS applications.
- A team player
- Comfortable with participating in code reviews to ensure quality throughout
- Well versed with Git and/or TFS source control, feature branching, release management, and tagging
- A master communicator, able to regularly communicate across the organization
- An excellent problem solver/analytical thinker
- Provide in-depth analysis to resolve technical issues, anticipate risks and ensure timely management escalation
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution using JIRA
- Build technical and application expertise, including the use of existing and emerging technologies, tools, programming, and technology concepts
- Ensure quality, from requirements through production, by participating in agile sprint ceremonies including estimations, sprint planning, code reviews, etc.
- Provide developers with feedback during reviews or assistance with enhanced unit testing
- Exercise fundamental good software engineering practice when developing automated tests, such as design/code reviews
- Ensure automated test design adheres to the overall company architecture and quality assurance principles
- Facilitate automated, on-demand test automation metrics
- Additional duties and responsibilities to vary as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
- 5-10 years of experience creating test plans/cases, defining regression sets, and using online tools for documenting test cases
- Minimum 2 years of experience utilizing JIRA
- Minimum 2 years of experience in test, test automation, or application development. Comfortable implementing tests using Selenium
- Capacity to achieve proficiency of new tools, languages, and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
- Experience working in a multi-tier, multi-promotion environment
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- MS degree
- Independent and fast learner
- Salesforce.com certification (Certified Developer or Certified Advanced Administrator)
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
- Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.