Company: Veruna, Inc.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Role: Software Engineer (Apex)
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a Software Engineer (Apex) focused on working with solution architects and developers to triage and translate requirements from the business to develop, well-designed solutions using the Salesforce platform and .NET services hosted within Azure. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all phases of the SDLC and have experience in designing, coding, testing, and consistently managing applications, as well as mentoring developments teams to establish consistent, reliable engineering productivity.
- Someone with a passion for software development and implementation of back-office systems
- Proven leader with knowledge in all aspects of SDLC
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen
- Well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts
- Not only an engineer/coder, but someone who can coach a development team (master communicator)
- Excellent problem solver/analytical thinker
- Lead all technical aspects involved in delivering Salesforce products and .NET service development, guided by Architect and VP of Engineering, and help to establish and govern software policies
- Responsible for high-level design of technical solutions and documentation of the technical design
- Manage developers through the deployment, testing, and support phases, including code review processes and policy governance surrounding review
- Technical lead responsible for unblocking team impediments, including but not limited to code debugging/analysis, Salesforce administration and customization, research and development
- Responsible for writing functional production code and custom/internal tools
- Assist documentation of configurations and releases in knowledge repositories
- Participate in daily Scrum sessions as an Agile team member, scrum master expertise a plus
- Additional duties and responsibilities to vary as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
- 10+ years of experience in a software development/information technology environment
- 5+ years of software development experience under an agile methodology (i.e. Scrum)
- 7+ years of combined experience within application development experience in either .NET or Java, and Force.com custom development experience using Salesforce objects and entities including: Page Layouts, Standard and Custom Objects, Approval Processes/Workflows, Apex and Visualforce Code
- Experience working in a multi-tier, multi-promotion environment
- Hands-on experience with diagnosis/tooling and unit testing
- Experience with SQL Server and database design
- Knowledge of AppExchange ecosystem
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- MS degree
- Independent and fast learner
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
- Salesforce.com certification (Certified Developer or Certified Advanced Administrator)
- 3+ years of Salesforce.com experience
- NET WebAPI2+ and MVC5+ experience
- Experience with data migration / analysis tools and patterns
- Experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.