Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Software Implementation Specialist
Reports to: CEO
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Heather Leite: hleite at veruna.com; Cover Letter and Resume required
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is seeking an experienced Software Implementation Specialist to join our rapidly growing company. In this role, you will implement our new customers onto our software solution built on Force.com.
- Successfully implement Veruna as our customers’ agency management system:
- Establish a scalable implementation plan for high-growth
- Participate in pre-sales discussions for scoping standard implementation and custom implementation needs
- Manage all aspects of assigned client implementations: kick-off, project planning (and documentation), governance, risk management, and finances
- Develop & maintain detailed project plans to manage project timeline, scope, and division of responsibilities between external clients and client personnel
- Act as primary liaison during the implementation process
- Establish metric set for 100% successful, on-time customer implementations
- Work closely with clients and internal team members to ensure on-time and on-budget implementations
- Manage project finances including tracking of milestone achievement, billings, and overall progress against budgets, internally and in conjunction with implementation partners
- Trouble-shoot issues – personnel and technical during the implementation process
- Provide solutions consulting to configure the Veruna solution to meet customer business needs:
- Assess client business needs and requests
- Customize the solution by creating custom workflows, configurations (non-coding), configured processes, helping to set metrics and creating custom reports using Veruna and Salesforce capabilities
- Assistance with testing and validation of these configurations
- Demonstrate the customizations and training (utilizing the Training Team)
- Ensure successful use by the customer
- Support developers and other cross functional departments during configuration or implementation of specifications; support cross functional departments with issue resolution
- Act as customer liaison for additional configuration, implementation and training needs post-go-live
- Perform other tasks/projects as needed
Key Skill Sets of Successful Software Implementation Specialists:
Successful Implementation Specialists are detail-oriented, results-driven individuals who will do whatever it takes to meet a client’s needs. They are just as adept at solving complicated technical problems as they are at conversing with clients, and they always maintain an air of professionalism. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, we are looking for Implementation Specialists with the following skills:
- Customer Service– Since the majority of an Implementation Specialist’s time will be spent directly interacting with clients, it’s important for you to have excellent customer service skills.
- Extensive Technical Knowledge – In order to be able to meet each client’s needs and install each system correctly, Implementation Specialists need to have a great deal of technical knowledge and comfort with learning new technology.
- Troubleshooting – During the process of setting up a new system, at least a couple things are bound to go wrong. Because of this, Implementation Specialists need to be good problem solvers.
- Interpersonal Skills – Since setting up a new system will demand the efforts of an entire team, Implementation Specialists need to be able to effectively communicate and work with that team.
- Ability to Multitask – The goal of providing good customer service is to make each client feel like they’re the only customer that matters. If an Implementation Specialist is able to multitask and juggle different projects simultaneously, they’ll be able to achieve that.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience leading or supporting the implementation of enterprise software solutions for clients, including project planning, governance, risk management, and finance
- Hands-on experience with the technical elements of software implementations, including cloud software deployments, data migration, and system integrations
- Strong analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Self-motivated, solutions driven, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, communication, decision making, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience leading and supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
- Highly adaptable to changing business needs and product landscapes, maintaining a positive outlook and inspiring/motivating others
- Ability to translate new software features into real world examples
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Prior experience with Salesforce or Salesforce Admin Certification
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (including Accounting)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline